· Last updated March 16, 2021.
· Preliminary statement
· Our policy allows us to collect information from you in a manner that will allow you to retain control over your personal information, but still allow us to make your online visit to our Website safe, satisfying, and rewarding. We use your information to make it easier for you to access information and services provided on our Website. Since access to your account or profile on our Website requires authentication of your identity, some information is required to be provided for us to know who is accessing the Website and which areas that person has access to. The information allows us to provide you with a personalized experience. Use of any of the services on our Website is entirely voluntary; however, if you do not provide the Personally Identifiable Information if requested by us, then we may elect not to make the related services available for your use.
· Information we collect
· There are two types of general information that are typically collected online: Anonymous Information and Personally Identifiable Information.
· Personally Identifiable Information is information that tells us about you and may include the following:
· Phone number
· Physical address
· Email address
· Billing address
· Credit card information
· Shopping history
· and similar information that helps identify you. This information is needed to allow us to personalize your experience on our Website including the areas of our Website that only registered users are permitted to access. When we request Personally Identifiable Information from you, we may include a link to these privacy policies, and inform you what information is required and what information is optional.
· We may collect information from you directly in several ways such as when you place an order, create an account, become a member, maintain a "wish list," complete a survey, or enter contest. We collect information if you sign up to receive a newsletter, or if you contact us.
· We may collect information about you from third parties so we can provide better, more personalized content and services for you, such as our service and marketing partners, with whom we might co-brand, promote, or engage in joint marketing activities.
· If you register, you will be asked to enter certain Personally Identifiable Information. Some of this information may not be required to register as a user. You must keep your registration data current in order to maintain your account. This information continues to build your Personally Identifiable Information profile.
· How we use your information
· We use your information to improve your experience on our Website. We may use the information to:
· Process the transactions you request of us, such as to register an account, process orders and credit card transactions, or cash in your rewards
· Create and manage accounts
· Respond to your requests for help, comments, or concerns about how our Website
· Conduct market research, manage our promotions, or tell you about our products, services, or special offers on our own products or third-party products we think you might find interesting
· Improve our products and services, by combining information that we have collected offline, online, from third-party sites, and from devices to help us understand and improve our Website
· Protect against fraud and for security purposes
· Comply with legal or regulatory requirements
· Users who are children and their parents
· Our Website does not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from and about children. We are sensitive to the issues involved in collecting such information from children and have taken steps to ensure the privacy of any minors accessing our Website. If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected, we will take the steps necessary to ensure that such information is deleted from our database or that verifiable parental consent is obtained. Our Website established guidelines that operate in connection with our adherence to the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA): http://www.ftc.gov/ogc/coppa1.htm. We strongly agree with the intent of COPPA and have structured our COPPA policy to enable us to collect only the information from children that is necessary for their access to our Website service; and, then only after obtaining verifiable consent from their parents.
· We strongly recommend that any information about children submitted to our Website be of the type that would typically appear in a local newspaper. Accordingly, information that is not appropriate for local newspapers should not be posted to our Website.
· Information we share
· we need to share your Personally Identifiable Information to provide a product or service that you requested;
· we need to send the Personally Identifiable Information to third parties that provide services on our behalf to provide you with a product or service you requested;
· we use marketing partners to help us audit the quality and effectiveness of advertisements, provide analytic services and similar services;
· we use third parties (such as Google and/or Facebook) to collect and analyze information about the use of our Website. This information helps us provide relevant advertisements to you and measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns;
· we use third-party shipping and credit card processing partners to enable them to properly fulfill your product and service requests. Our partners are not permitted to retain, share, store or use this Personally Identifiable Information for any secondary or other purposes not directly related to fulfillment of your product and service requests;
· we have your consent to share your Personally Identifiable Information;
· we respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal processes or take other steps to remain in compliance with applicable laws; or
· In most respects, you will deal directly with our third-party advertisers and their shipping and credit card processing partners. Therefore, our users should carefully review our advertisers' privacy policies and terms and conditions prior to entering into a transaction with such advertisers.
· Our Website does not recognize "Do Not Track" browser signals.
· We plan on publishing newsletters that you can subscribe to. The newsletters will be sent via email and you will need to provide contact information in order to receive the newsletters.
· We take our commitment to protect your information seriously. When you submit sensitive information to our Website, the information is protected both online and offline.
· When our registration and order forms request you to enter sensitive information (credit card or social security numbers), the information is encrypted and is protected with SSL technology.
· Even though we use SSL encryption technology to protect your sensitive information online, we also employ internal procedures to protect sensitive information offline. Access to all of our users' sensitive information is restricted to only those employees that require access. We instruct our employees during the course of their tenure regarding protecting our users' confidential and sensitive information and we perform periodic checks of how the employees adhere to our policies. We maintain our servers in a secure and locked facility that restricts access to only those employees and technicians that require access. Our security policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary. Only authorized employees and technicians have access to the information provided by our users.
· Due to the nature of technology, you are also partially responsible for the security of their information. Since people have become accustomed to the internet, browser technology has made it easier for everyone to return to their favorite websites without re-entering their usernames and passwords. While this is easier for surfing, when Personally Identifiable Information is associated with the log-in information, your security could be affected. We strongly recommend that you do not save their username and password in your browsers and that you either remember their log-in information or store your usernames and passwords separately to avoid unauthorized access to your information from your devices.
· Additional information regarding our security practices can be obtained by emailing questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· We also offer the following advice:
· • If you share your device with other people, remember to log off our Website before leaving it.
· • Don't share your password with anyone. If you store your log in information in your computer, remember to password protect that information. No one from our Website will ever ask for your password.
· • If asked, don't give out your personal information.
· • If you are unsure about the information you are providing, ask us, another administrator, or another person before posting the information.
· • If there is information that you would not like to see in your local newspaper, don't post it to our Website.
· • When in doubt, ask us at email@example.com.
· Special offers
· Each user that registers may be welcomed with an email message that verifies their username and password. Registered users will occasionally receive information regarding products, services, newsletters or other information that we believe may be of interest to them. Since we respect our users' privacy, we provide all users with the ability to opt out of receiving these messages. Please see our opt-out information below.
· As we add new services to our Website, we will inform our users of the additional features. We may also send announcements regarding updates to the service and information regarding maintenance. Since these messages contain important information regarding the service, our users are not permitted to opt out of receiving these messages.
· Corrections to personal information
· If your Personally Identifiable Information changes, or you wish to terminate your participation in our service, we will try to provide a way to correct, update, or remove your Personally Identifiable Information from our servers. These updates and removals can be initiated on our users' information pages by our Website administrator or by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. In extenuating circumstances, we can address these issues via telephone or regular U.S. Postal Service. Some information may remain on our servers including in our archived records after termination of an account.
· Opting out
· We value your privacy and provide you with the ability to "opt out" of having your information used for purposes not directly related to our Website service and the purposes for which the information is requested. For instance, our registration form has a box that can be checked you to opt out of having their information used for marketing purposes or shared with third-party partners of our Website.
· If you previously accepted our newsletter or promotional materials and no longer want to receive these messages, you may opt out of receiving additional messages by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the message, replying with "unsubscribe" in the subject line of the email, or by emailing us at email@example.com. You may also return to your information page to edit the information regarding receiving messages and newsletters and choose the opt-out option.
· If any user information is being shared with third parties or collected by third parties, we provide prior notice to our users, in order to allow them to make an informed decision regarding allowing the information to be collected and proceeding with the third-party transaction or not.
· Additional questions
California Privacy Rights
· If you reside in California, you have specific rights over your personal information. For more information, you can visit the California Consumer Privacy Act's website: https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
· The right to request information
· You have the right to know the categories of personal information we collected about you; the categories of sources from which we collected that information; our business or commercial purpose for collecting that information; the categories of third parties with whom we shared that information; and the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you in the past 12 months.
· The right to request access
· You also may have the right to receive a copy of the personal information collected about you in the past 12 months.
· The right to request deletion
· Under certain conditions, you may have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected about you.
· Opt out of information sharing for direct marketing
· Sometimes, we share your information with our marketing partners so that they may serve you advertisements about their products. If you do not want to share your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you can request to opt out.
· How to exercise your rights
· To submit a request to exercise these rights you may contact us at:
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· For all requests, please clearly state that the request is related to "Your California Privacy Rights" and provide your name, street address, city, state, zip code and an email address or phone number where you may be reached. We will acknowledge your request within ten days. If you do not receive an acknowledgement, please contact us again to make sure your request was submitted properly.
· You can always opt out or unsubscribe from marketing emails by emailing us at: email@example.com
· Before we can respond to your request, we first must verify your identity using your personal information. If we are not able to verify your request, we will contact you for more information. If we are unable to verify your identify after a good faith attempt, we may deny the request and, if so, will explain the basis for the denial.
· You may designate an authorized agent
· You may designate someone to submit requests and act on your behalf (an "Authorized Agent"). To do so, you must provide us with written permission to allow your Authorized Agent to act on your behalf.
· We will not discriminate against you
· We will not unlawfully discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
· Third-party selling
· We do not and will not sell your personal information to third parties without providing you an opportunity to opt out of the sale.
· Do not track
· As described above, we may collect information about your usage and activity through cookies to help us provide you with relevant advertisements, offers and promotions. Some web browsers or smartphones have the ability to set "Do Not Track" requests to block user activity from being tracked across web pages or devices.
· Our Website does not recognize "Do Not Track" browser signals.